Monday, May 7, 2012

People do many different things to stay healthy. What do you do for good health?

Many people do many different activities I order to stay healthy. Some adhere to a healthy lifestyle by moderating their intake of food while others jog or indulge in sport. I, however, play soccer in order to stay healthy and thus avail of the many benefits that this great game has to offer.
One reason for my choice of soccer as a health activity is that a game of soccer is a complete workout. One runs several miles in a standard game but also exercise muscled other than the leg muscles. I tackling, covering and heading one exercises all or most of ones muscles and in doing so gets a full workout.
Another reason for my choice of soccer as a health activity is that while playing soccer one also develops a sense of teamwork that one cannot develop in solitary health activities. One has to coordinate with all ones teammates while playing soccer and this gives one the benefits of better health along with important lessons in life- teamwork is the best way top approach a task and there is no ‘I’ in the word team!
Perhaps the most crucial reason for my choice of soccer as a health activity is that soccer is an extremely cerebral game and one needs not just stamina and strength but also vision. Soccer is a game where one can best learn that vision is also important in life and one can actually put it into practice physically before putting it into practice mentally.
Thus, for all the above reasons, I have chosen soccer as my favorite health activity and I hope that I will continue to play this beautiful game for many years to come and continue to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment